Monsta X’s international PR team comes under fire for their inability to tell the members apart

Jess Elsen

KS Press Writer, multifandom cat mom. Contact me at [email protected]

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. Alex says:

Monbebe reacted negatively towards the PR team’s current strategy because we care about Monsta X. I hope the PR team hears our feedback and improve. Monsta X is getting a bigger audience now and stupid mistakes are inexcusable. Furthermore, I hope they won’t brand Monsta X as a boy group for “boy crazy teenagers” because their appeal is more than that. People of all ages and genders like their music. Don’t put them in a box. I also want the PR team to stop using the members’ names in a way that promotes toxic stereotypes for fangirls like the “cute or sexy” thing, as if the fans only care about looks. Monsta X is talented, hardworking, and genuine. Use that for future PR strategies and do more research about Monsta X and Monbebe.

2. Barbara says:

Bless you for this. We appreciate your time and effort!

3. Shy says:

Thank you so much for this well written article! You covered literally all our grievances and we are very happy to get our concerns out there. I really hope Starship fires Eshy. He tried to act like he was the sole reasom for BTS’ success and i really don’t want that to happen to Monsta X.

• Jess Elsen says:

You’re welcome. Sometimes it helps to be a fan as well as a writer. I just hope that whatever the outcome, Monsta X are treated with the respect they deserve as artists.

4. Flatlander says:

Wow, that pissed me off and I don’t even stan.

5. Laura says:

Well, he hasn’t stopped. After the mistakes he put his account on private because he didn’t want upset fans tweeting him, he blocked people, then if had the audacity to put his profile on public to tweet “to whom it may concern” that he isn’t in charge of the PR team nor is he the one writing those posts that “he knows them personally” and we should “respect his privacy”. Then put his profile back to private. Monbebes of course took screenshots of the post. He’s pathetic.

6. Lynn J says:

This story makes me cry. The boys work so hard. To have someone paid to represent them do so badly makes them look bad. Thank you for bringing this out in the open and hopefully the management will get this fixed for the group. Personally, I prefer Kpop in Korean. I didn’t bond with the music because it was in English and honestly, I feel kind of awkward when it is. Not sure why but I do.

• Aly says:

Monsta X sings in Japanese too so English shouldn’t be any different. Both are foreign languages to the artist. Saying Japanese is okay because it’s Asian is a poor generalization. Language is language and it is just one aspect of their music. Monsta X singing in various languages is just like how they experiment with various genres or sounds. If they chose to sing in English, I trust them to do their best as usual and I will support them.

7. G.Bullette says:

I would encourage the new management to 1) Learn their clients names and faces. They are looking ignorant and racist. None of these men look even remotely alike. 2) Double check everything. 3) Study how the client is being promoted in korea then modify for u.s. if needed. 4) Learn about Monbebes and our connection to MonstaX. We are every age, race and all of us are quite astute. We will protect and defend MonstaX and they will do the same. 5) Respect their clients. The road to being an idol is not for the weak. They didnt give up all to be turned into some kind of korean bubblegum group. Get it together! Knock it off!!

8. Yassmine Jbilou says:

I am extremely angry towards the mockery that this PR team perverised Monsta X with. This team defeats Monsta X ‘s real image and makes them look like an arrogant/pretentious boy group. A lot of monbebes already contacted Starship Entertaiment ( the angencie) to solve this problem. Monsta X didn’t go through all those hard obstacles and challenges to be treated in such a way! Get an another international team already! If not, this team will still make Monsta x look foolish, and most likely, fans will start to hate on them. We would never want that to happen. Please, don’t break the emotion between Monsta X and Monbebe. They know know how to love us, and we know how to love them back.